LIFE IS NOISE today announces the appointment of Cam Durnsford as the new editor of lifeisnoise.com. Read More
- Two Minutes with Greenfog
- Two Minutes with GreenfogPosted 12 mins ago
Ahead of opening for MONO at The Kings Arms on December 10, we spend a couple of minutes with Greenfog and chew the fat...
Describe your music in five words or…
- Noiseweek: EOY Lists, A Love Supreme, Ar
- Noiseweek: EOY Lists, A Love Supreme, Arca, Fourteen Nights at Sea, Sunn O))) and morePosted 4 days ago
New music from Fourteen Nights at Sea and Roundtable, good news for Melbourne venues, David Bowie's Blackstar video, a Boiler Room set from Sunn O))) and more from the week…
- Anger Management: Gama Bomb
- Anger Management: Gama BombPosted 6 days ago
Gama Bomb are Irish thrash mechanics on album number five.
- Two Minutes With Serious Beak
- Two Minutes With Serious BeakPosted 7 days ago
Ahead of opening for MONO at Newtown Social Club on December 7, we spend a couple of minutes with Serious Beak and chew the fat...
Describe your music in five words…
- Interview: MONO
- Interview: MONOPosted 8 days ago
"I write music that would save me, and also allows me to think and look for the meaning of life."
In almost two decades since their formation as a tribute to the music of Earth, Sunn O))) have become the standard-bearers of boundary-pushing, genre-defying, bone-rattling noise. Sunn O))) sit at the intersection of countless modes of creation – between metal and the avant-garde, drone and doom, music and performance art, meditation and punishment. These are the sounds of the big bang and the end of the universe all at once. Read More
High on Fire are one of the best metal bands in the world. Live or on record, few artists are capable producing the same kind of lava geyser of molten riffs and monstrous metal jams with such remarkable consistency. With every passing year, frontman Matt Pike’s mythology as a guitarist, vocalist and iconoclast only grows. Read More